1. How does it work?30Second Tech is a stream-based site that provides technology news, previews, tips, videos, etc. all in one place that can be read on any electronic device including PC's (MACs), smartphones, and tablets. In addition, each article is designed to be read or viewed in about 30 seconds or less.
2. Where does the content come from?Content on the site comes from a number of national leaders, as well as from regular folks who have ran across something they want to share.
3. How often are articles available?As frequently as technology is available. We receive new news just about every 30 minutes and even more frequent during peak times (i.e., Monday through Thursday 7a-10a central time). Simply click on a story that interest you and sit back and enjoy!
4. How does the Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google +1) buttons work?30 Second Tech uses Facebook comments for commenting on articles. Facebook comments are a great way to leave a public comment on a tip, and also to share that tip with your friends on Facebook. If you check the “Post to Facebook” box when you post your comment, a story will appear on your Profile Wall, and on your friends’ News Feed showing that you’ve made a comment on a 30Second Page. In addition, we use the Facebook Like button is a great way to show that you really like a tip, and to share that you’ve Liked a tip with your friends on Facebook.
Our 30 Second Tech profile and page is tied directly to our Twitter page. If you have a Twitter account and are logged in - then when you click on the Tweet button beneath a tip, a pre-loaded tweet will appear for you to consider tweeting through your Twitter account. This feature makes it easy to share great tips on Twitter! If you’re not logged in to Twitter, then when you click on the Tweet button, a window will appear prompting you to Login to Twitter – and then you’re ready to Tweet! A Twitter account is required in order to Tweet a tip.
The Google +1 button lets you share tips on Google Plus. If you have a Google Plus account and are logged in, then when you click on the +1 button, a posting will appear in the +1’s tab of your Google Plus account profile, showing that you’ve +1’d a tip on 30 Second Tech! If you’re not logged in to Google Plus, then when you click on the +1 button, a window will appear prompting you to Login to Google Plus – and then you’re ready to +1! A Google Plus account is required in order to +1 a tip.
5. How can I become a contributor?We are always looking to add more content
and tips to 30 Second Tech, and we invite you to contact us about becoming a
contributor! Simply click on the icon to the right, and tell us a little about you
including name, email, and the technology of interest.
6. Is there a 30 Second Tech app? Not yet! Our web site is fully-capable with your mobile device including iPhones and Androids, as well as tablets.
7. How can a company submit a product for us to review? If you’d like to submit a product, simply Contact Us and tell us a bit about your product. We’ll be in touch soon to explain how the process works. We look forward to working with you!